Sunday, January 22, 2012

We Shop, We Learn

I went shopping for berries this morning. I was looking for raspberries and blackberries in particular since I am very allergic to strawberries. I also wanted raspberries because I had a recipe in mind for breakfast. I went to the berries shelf and this is what I found. A total strawberry domination. 


I also thought about trying the freezer. I was hoping to find a bag of frozen raspberries. This is what I found. 
Exactly. More strawberries and no raspberries! I was really disappointed as I was excited to make the recipe I had in mind. However, I found an interesting fruit (To me at least) Check out those small red round guys 

If you see this fruit for the first time "like me" well, then allow me to introduce "Red currant berries" or "Redcurrant berries". They are members of the gooseberry family. It has tart flavor and the best part is that they can be used as substitute for raspberries. You can imagine how happy I am now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment