Saturday, January 21, 2012

Sassy Water

Maybe you already know that you need about 2 liters (about 8 cups) of water a day to maintain adequate hydration. How about adding flavor and more nutrition to your daily cups? I found this recipe of "Sassy Water" on the book that I am currently reading "Flat Belly Diet". According to Prevention.com "Drinking water and even eating "watery" foods like melon, greens, and other fruits and vegetables has enormous health benefits, including warding off fatigue. But perhaps the most important belly benefit of proper hydration is how it helps maintain your body's proper fluid balance and guard against water retention. It also helps prevent constipation, which can cause bloating"
I recommend that you try drinking Sassy water. I just did. It really tastes good. Even though, I don't really like cucumbers, but this water is really fun to drink. I am keeping the pitcher on the coffee table in the living room so that anyone in my house can have a glass anytime while watching TV, reading or in my case blogging. 
Sassy Water Ingredients: 
Sassy Water Ingredients
  • 2 liters water (about 8 ½ cups)
  • 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
  • 1 medium cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
  • 1 medium lemon (not lime), thinly sliced
  • 12 small spearmint leaves.
Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher and let flavors blend overnight. You can strain the water or pour the ingredients into your glass along with the water. Drink the entire pitcher by the end of each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment